Human Resources Director
The Human Resources Director will be responsible for ensuring successful office management in the areas of human resource administration, training coordination, facilities and general office operations. The Human Resources Director will work closely with the firm’s management and personnel committees.
Responsibilities and Duties (including but not limited to)
- Oversee the recruiting process for all staff positions, which includes interviewing candidates, pre-hire paperwork, offer letter, and on-boarding procedures for all new employees
- Oversee new employee orientation and training agendas
- Ensure proper documentation is kept in a secure and legally compliant manner for all employee files
- Ensure compliance with all employment laws (EEOC, FMLA, PFL, HIPAA, DOL and ADA)
- Administer, review, and implement firm benefits for all employees; act as firm’s liaison for benefits consultants
- Communicate job expectations, manage work schedules and attendance, assist with yearly evaluations, and coach, counsel, and discipline employee staff members
- Conduct exit interviews and off-boarding procedures
- Maintain documents on office and professional insurance and renewals
- Assist with implementing and maintaining office polices as necessary
- Assist with facilities management
- Plan and coordinate all firm events (including monthly committee meetings, shareholder meetings, social gatherings, holiday parties, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in human resources or related field with strong knowledge of human resources disciplines
- 5+ years of related work experience (preferably in a law firm)
- Excellent communications and personnel management skills
- Ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization
- Profit Sharing
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Disability/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Please submit a résumé and cover letter to HumanResources@roberts-stevens.com.
- Personal protective equipment required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Roberts & Stevens, P.A., is a mid-sized (25 lawyers), full service law firm based in Asheville, North Carolina. The firm serves regional and national clients throughout Western North Carolina. Our clientele includes large corporations, small businesses, family-owned companies, government entities and individuals. As one of the largest law firms in Western North Carolina, our size allows our attorneys to be responsive and sensitive to the economic and legal realities our clients face.
Roberts & Stevens is an equal opportunity employer. In recruiting qualified individuals, we do not discriminate based on age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation, national origin, disability, marital status, familial status and geographic background.