The Title Searcher will be responsible for searching for and verifying titles, searching real estate records and performing numerous other duties as outlined below. The Title Searcher will work in coordination with attorneys and other staff members. A competitive salary and excellent benefits package is offered.
Responsibilities and Duties (including but not limited to)
- Search for and verify titles
- Search real estate records
- Compile lists of mortgages, contracts and other instruments pertaining to titles
- Search, analyze and evaluate records relating to titles of homes, land and buildings
- Ensure that the title to a property in question has no restrictions that may prevent or hinder its sale or use
- Examine deeds, deeds of trust, liens, judgments, easements and plats/maps to determine ownership, encumbrances and to verify legal descriptions of property
- Analyze chain of title and preparation of reports outlining title-related matters
- Read and draw large, complicated property descriptions and compare for accuracy from deed to deed in chain of title
- Critical thinker with strong attention to detail
- Strong investigative, research and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and adapt well to change
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently but also be a team player
- Ability to travel to/from courthouses and tax offices
- Ability to occasionally stand for long periods of time
- Profit Sharing
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Disability/Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Please submit a résumé and cover letter to HumanResources@roberts-stevens.com.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Roberts & Stevens, P.A., is a mid-sized (25 lawyers), full service law firm based in Asheville, North Carolina. The firm serves regional and national clients throughout Western North Carolina. Our clientele includes large corporations, small businesses, family-owned companies, government entities and individuals. As one of the largest law firms in Western North Carolina, our size allows our attorneys to be responsive and sensitive to the economic and legal realities our clients face.
Roberts & Stevens is an equal opportunity employer. In recruiting qualified individuals, we do not discriminate based on age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, political affiliation, national origin, disability, marital status, familial status and geographic background.