Jacqueline D. Grant
Jackie Grant, a partner and litigator at Roberts & Stevens, successfully represents individuals, businesses and organizations in a broad range of areas including civil litigation, complex personal injury, employment litigation and professional liability litigation at the trial and appellate levels in both North Carolina State and U.S. Federal Courts.
Jackie has significant experience obtaining settlements and verdicts on behalf of plaintiffs in employment matters, personal injury litigation, and complex litigation cases. Equally, she has obtained numerous defense verdicts on behalf of physicians and hospitals in multi-million dollar medical malpractice cases. She has also successfully defended employers, individuals, and corporations in employment litigation and complex personal injury litigation. She is a formidable negotiator who acts in the best interest of her clients through trial, mediation or arbitration. Jackie is AV Peer Review rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Jackie is currently the North Carolina Bar Association President (2018-2019) and was previously a distinguished member of the Board of Governors from 2010-2013. She served as President of the 28th Judicial District (Buncombe County) Bar Association from 2014-2015. She has also been recognized as a North Carolina Super Lawyer in Personal Injury Defense: Medical Malpractice and has been elected to Business North Carolina magazine’s Legal Elite for Employment Law.
An Asheville native, Jackie is a community advocate who has served on the boards of several local organizations including the YWCA, Big Brothers/Big Sisters of Western North Carolina and the City of Asheville Sustainable Economic Development Task Force. Professionally, she is an active member of the North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, Defense Research Institute, North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys, and North Carolina Bar Association.
- North Carolina Bar Association, President, June 2018-June 2019; President-Elect, June 2017-June 2018; Board of Governors, 2010-2013; Executive Committee, 2011-2012; Section: Litigation, Litigation Section Council
- 28th Judicial District Bar Association, President, 2014-2015; President-Elect, 2013-2014; Vice-President, 2012-2013
- Defense Research Institute
- Epps-Daily-Harrell Law Society
- Litigation Counsel of America, Fellow 2011-2014
- National Holderness Moot Court Team
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, member, 1997-present; Board of Directors, 2003-2006
- North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys
- North Carolina State Bar, Advisory Member of the Grievance Committee, 2014
- Pisgah Legal Services, Board of Directors, 1996-1998
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
Awards and Accolades
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America: 2013 and 2018 Lawyer of the Year in Asheville for Medical Malpractice Law-Defendants; Medical Malpractice Law-Defendants, 2012-2018
- Business North Carolina Magazine’s Legal Elite: Employment Law 2013, 2016-2018
- North Carolina Super Lawyers: Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense, 2011-2018. Top 100 North Carolina Super Lawyers, 2014. Top 50 Women North Carolina Super Lawyers, 2012-2014. North Carolina Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2010
- Asheville Consistory #253 Commander in Chief Award for Outstanding Achievement in the Field of Law, 1995
- “Recent Developments and Changes in Labor and Employment Law,” Henderson County Rotary Club, March 2017
- “Fundamentals of Employment Law,” NC Youth Camp Association, April 2013
- “Employment Law Beyond the Basics,” Renaissance Asheville Hotel, 2012
- “Documentation and Medical Negligence,” Park Ridge Health, 2010
- “Transition to Practice,” Palmetto Health Department of Emergency Medicine Class of 2007 Senior Retreat Faculty Presenter
- “Issues of Medical Negligence as it Applies to Nurses,” VA Medical Center of Asheville, 2006