Attorney Vince Childress elected to NCBA Board of Governors
Roberts & Stevens attorney Vincent D. Childress Jr. was recently elected to the North Carolina Bar Association Board of Governors. Childress was one of seven members elected to the board during the 2020 annual meeting, held via web conference due to coronavirus restrictions. The NCBA is a statewide organization comprising more than 20,000 lawyers, paralegals and law students. NCBA board members serve a three-year term.
Childress has been practicing for more than 35 years in the areas of business and corporate law, trust and estate planning and probate, and healthcare law. Childress is active in the community, including work for the Community Foundation of Western North Carolina and Pisgah Legal Services, from which he has received the Outstanding Pro Bono Services Award. He is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (1979) and UNC School of Law (1983).
The new board members, who will serve through 2023, are:
- Tawanda Foster Artis, N.C. General Assembly, Raleigh
- Vincent D. Childress Jr., Roberts & Stevens, Asheville
- Ben Edwards, Lincoln Financial Group, Greensboro
- Casey N. Ferri, Charlotte
- Niya Fonville, Campbell Law School, Raleigh
- Rashad Morgan, Brinks Gilson & Lione, Research Triangle Park
- Jerry Walters, Littler Mendelson PC, Charlotte