Vincent D. Childress, Jr.
Vince Childress, a shareholder of Roberts & Stevens, has been practicing for more than 30 years in the areas of Business and Corporate Law, Trust and Estate Planning and Probate, and Healthcare Law. Vince has significant experience in complex transactions including entity formation, mergers and acquisitions, business financing and corporate contracts for large and family-owned companies, small businesses, manufacturing and distribution companies; the entertainment and tourism industry; physician groups, tax-exempt hospitals, and healthcare organizations. Vince is the firm partner primarily responsible for transactional legal opinions.
Vince’s expertise also includes trust and estate planning for individuals, families and family businesses, encompassing a range from complex estate planning for families with high net worth to simple wills and trusts for clients who do not require tax planning. Planning for business succession for owners of closely held businesses is an area where Vince uses his expertise in both estate and business law.
Vince has been honored for his work being named as a Best Lawyers in America in Corporate Law and Health Care Law, as a Business North Carolina magazine Legal Elite in the field of business law, and North Carolina Super Lawyers in Business/Corporate Law. Outside of the firm, Vince is active in the community, including involvement with the Community Foundation of Western North Carolina and volunteer work for Pisgah Legal Services, from which he has received the nonprofit’s Outstanding Pro Bono Services Award.
- Counseled large, family-owned or closely held businesses in re-structuring of capitalization and shareholder agreements Estate planning for family-owned businesses and individuals including preparation of wills, revocable living trusts, A-B plans and matters of estate and gift taxation
- Representation of banks and borrowers in multi-million dollar transactions
- Representation of sellers and buyers in business ownership transactions
- Representation of medical practices in all aspects of organization including employment, leasing, financing and physician-hospital transactions, mergers
- Tax-exempt organizational issues for non-profit organizations, including creation, tax-exemption, mergers, reorganization operations and personnel matters
- Representation of several physician groups, both large and small, in connection hospital-physician integration transactions
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America: Corporate Law, 2011-2018; Health Care Law, 2012-2018
- Business North Carolina magazine’s Legal Elite: Business Law, 2008, 2013
- North Carolina Super Lawyers: Business & Corporate Attorney, 2013-2018
- Pisgah Legal Services Outstanding Pro Bono Services Award
- Panel member on “Legal Opinions,” 2017 NC Bar Association Real Property Section Annual Meeting
- “Planned Giving,” presentation to the guests of Carolina First Bank, Asheville, NC, 2010
- “Contracting with Medical Groups and Other Legal Documents for New Physicians,” presentation to the American College of Cardiology Fellows in Training (NC/SC), 2009