Cindy M. Rice
Cindy Rice is a partner at Roberts & Stevens whose diverse practice areas include construction law, employment law, litigation and the representation of governmental and quasi-governmental entities. She also has extensive experience representing landlords and homeowners’ associations in a variety of matters.
Cindy joined Roberts & Stevens in 2024 after a 20-year legal career with another Asheville law firm. An Asheville native and graduate of Asheville High School, Cindy received an undergraduate degree from the Kenan Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a Juris Doctor from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill School of Law. While in law school, Cindy served as both a writer and an articles editor for the North Carolina Journal of Law and Technology.
When she’s not hard at work for her clients, Cindy enjoys traveling, cooking and spending time with her family.
- Representation of individuals and businesses in commercial litigation and business disputes
- Representation of several local government entities
- Drafting and review of construction contracts and construction litigation
- Personal injury litigation
- Representation of numerous employers before the ESC, EEOC, OCR and DOL
- Landlord-Tenant Disputes
- Homeowners’ Association Disputes
- Name Changes
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Buncombe County Bar Association
Awards and Accolades
- The Best Lawyers in America: Litigation – Construction; Litigation – Land Use and Zoning; Litigation – Real Estate, 2024