Susan Russo Klein
Susan is experienced in helping employers, businesses and nonprofits of all sizes resolve employment law issues and create strong business contracts, particularly in the hospitality industry. As former in-house counsel, Susan understands the needs of general counsel and other C-suite executives.
Susan advises organizations of all sizes on challenging employment issues, from training and compliance to defending labor audits and discrimination complaints. Her business experience includes negotiating and drafting contracts, including service agreements, commercial leases and acquisitions.
Susan has lived in Asheville for more than 20 years. She is active in the community, serving in her church, volunteering with Pisgah Legal Services, and participating in the North Carolina Bar Association’s Call 4All. She has served on numerous boards in the Asheville area.
- Buncombe County Bar, Member, 2000 – Present
- North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys, Member, 2012 – 2014
- North Carolina Bar Association, Member, Corporate Counsel and Real Property Sections, 2012 – Present
- North Carolina Bar Association, Small Firm Pro Bono Service Award, 2012
- North Carolina Pro Bono Honor Society, 2020
Awards and Accolades
- Business North Carolina magazine’s Legal Elite: Employment, 2022