James W. K. Wilde
Jim Wilde, formerly a partner with the Dameron Burgin Law Firm in Marion, North Carolina, practices primarily in the area of medical malpractice defense litigation. Jim has more than 25 years experience successfully representing hospitals, doctors, nurses, nursing homes, psychiatric facilities, and emergency room physicians.
Jim’s practice areas also include products liability law, commercial and business litigation, and premises liability insurance claims. Jim has a diverse clientele that includes a Fortune 500 computer manufacturer and a national corporation that places children in therapeutic foster homes.
Jim, who is also licensed to practice law in the state of Texas, is an AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell. He is a member of the North Carolina Bar Association, the North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, the Defense Research Institute, North Carolina and Texas State Bars, the Houston Bar Association, Fellow Texas Bar Foundation, the Houston Medical Legal Society, and the Greater Houston Society of Health Risk Managers.
- Medical Malpractice defense on behalf of hospitals, physicians, nurses and other health care facilities
- Insurance Defense for corporations
- Products Liability Law for a Fortune 500 computer corporation
- Premises Liability Insurance Claims and Wrongful Death claims for a corporation that places children in therapeutic foster homes
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated Attorney by Martindale-Hubbell
- Defense Research Institute
- Fellow Texas Bar Foundation
- Greater Houston Society of Health Risk Managers
- Houston Medical Legal Society
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Obtained several jury verdicts for obstetricians in alleged birth injury cases
- Obtained a directed verdict for a surgeon in a spinal surgery case
- Obtained summary judgment for a hospital in a retained sponge case
- Obtained a defense verdict for a gastroenterologist in a perforated bowel case
- Obtained favorable outcome for a podiatrist in varied medical malpractice claims
- Successfully represented Emergency Department physicians in varied medical malpractice claims
- Successfully defended a Fortune 500 computer manufacturer in product liability cases, premises liability cases, and various other insurance defense cases
- Obtained numerous summary judgments and dismissals for corporate and individual clients over the last ten years, including a national corporation that owns multiple psychiatric facilities with many cases including wrongful death cases, premises liability cases, and personal injury cases