David L. English
David English joined Roberts & Stevens as an attorney in 1998. He had previously clerked with the firm for two consecutive summers while earning his Juris Doctor from the Cumberland School of Law at Samford University.
Today, David is a partner of Roberts & Stevens practicing in the areas of business and real property law. He provides counsel and representation for numerous closely held corporations, small businesses, manufacturers, physicians, restaurants, non-profits and homeowners’ associations. Among his clientele is one of the state’s largest Board of REALTORS®. David touches on all aspects of real property and corporate law, including negotiations of transactions and contracts.
David was born and raised in Alexandria, Virginia with close family ties to the Western North Carolina town of Mars Hill. He attended Clemson University, graduating in 1989. He and his wife have one son.
- Commercial real estate transactions
- Property owners’ associations
- Transactional representation in purchase and sale of businesses
- Contract preparation and review including leases, employment contracts, non-competition agreements, and license and consulting agreements
- Formation of corporations and limited liability companies
- North Carolina Bar Association, Sections: Business Law, Real Property Law
Awards and Accolades
- The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, 2013-2020; Real Estate Law, 2013-2020
- “The Planned Community Act,” The North Carolina Paralegal Association
- “Choice of Business Entity in North Carolina,” National Business Institute