Steven W. Sizemore
Steven Sizemore is a partner at the firm, concentrating his practice on workers’ compensation and mediation. He has more than 30 years of experience in representing employers and insurance carriers in workers’ compensation matters.
An Asheville native, Steven graduated from Western Carolina University and earned his Juris Doctor degree from Campbell University. In 1999, he also became a certified mediator, negotiating on workers’ compensation, personal injury, real estate, and estate disputes.
As a North Carolina Bar certified workers’ compensation specialist, Steven provides representation before the North Carolina Industrial Commission and provides counsel to employers in workers’ compensation matters. In addition, he provides education, training, and management for workers’ compensation programs. Steven represents businesses that face challenges from the Industrial Commission regarding workers’ compensation and insurance coverage disputes.
- North Carolina Bar Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist, 2005-present
- North Carolina Bar Certified Mediator, 1999-present
- North Carolina Bar Association Mediation Section Member
- North Carolina Bar Association Dispute Resolution Section Council Member
- North Carolina Bar Association Workers’ Compensation Section Member
- Buncombe County Bar Executive Committee
Awards and Accolades
- AV Preeminent Rating in legal ability and ethical standards by peers and judiciary, Martindale Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America: Workers’ Compensation Law – Employers, 2023-present
- Lawyer of the Year 2015, 2017, 2019, 2022: Workers’ Compensation, Employers in Asheville – Best Lawyers