Kenneth R. Hunt
Kenny Hunt hails from Marion, Virginia, and has traded the mountains of Southwest Virginia for the mountains of Western North Carolina and Asheville. Kenny graduated magna cum laude from Mary Washington College in 1995 and went on to earn his Juris Doctor from Wake Forest University School of Law.
Prior to joining the firm in 2001, Kenny completed a two-year clerkship with the Honorable Robert H. Edmunds of the NC Court of Appeals and NC Supreme Court. Kenny has been an accomplished attorney at Roberts & Stevens for nine years and was named partner in 2007. He is a skilled civil litigator in the insurance defense arena. He also has represented homeowners, general contractors, and subcontractors in small and multi-million dollar construction cases and clients with real property disputes. In addition, Kenny has litigated competency proceedings, estates, and landlord/tenant disputes.
- Represents clients in civil litigation primarily in the areas of insurance defense, construction, real property, trust and estates, and landlord disputes.
- Two-year clerkship with the Honorable Robert H. Edmunds of the NC Court of Appeals and NC Supreme Court
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, member
- North Carolina Bar Association, Sections: Construction, Litigation
- 28th Judicial District Bar Association
- 28th Judicial District Lawyers Division, Treasurer, 2008
Awards and Accolades
- The Best Lawyers in America, Insurance Law, 2013-2020
- 28th Judicial District Bar 2018 Professionalism Award
- “Intentional Torts – Defending the Bad Guy,” Presentation to the North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys and North Carolina Claims Association, 2010
- “What To Do After a Serious Workplace Accident,” Presentation to large manufacturing company, 2007