Dennis L. Martin, Jr.
Denny Martin joined Roberts & Stevens in 2001 after graduating summa cum laude from Campbell University School of Law. While attending Campbell, he was the Articles Editor of the Campbell Law Review. He was honored as a recipient of the West Group Outstanding Scholastic Achievement Award, 1998-1999 and 2000-2001. After law school, Denny was eager to return to his hometown of Asheville and practice law.
Denny is a litigator and partner of Roberts & Stevens, who has been on the winning side of catastrophic personal injury and wrongful death actions; will, trust and estate disputes; property litigation; and many other notable cases. He is a member of the North Carolina Bar Association, U.S. District Court, North Carolina, Eastern and Western Districts and Cherokee Tribal Court.
- Commercial litigation and complex business disputes
- Construction litigation
- Fiduciary Litigation, including disputes involving Trusts and Estates
- Insurance litigation for both Plaintiffs and Defendants
- Product liability claims against manufacturers and sellers
- Representation of individuals in personal injury and wrongful death
- Representation of individuals, businesses and organizations in matters of civil litigation
- 28th Judicial District Bar, Young Lawyers Division, President, 2006-2007
- Campbell Law Review Member and Articles Editor, 2000-2001
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
Awards and Accolades
- The Best Lawyers in America: Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants, 2020-present; Commercial Litigation, 2021-present; Litigation-Construction, 2021-present; Litigation-Insurance, 2021-present; Litigation-Trusts and Estates, 2021-present
- Business North Carolina magazine’s Legal Elite: Construction Law in the Young Guns category, 2013
- North Carolina Super Lawyers: Personal Injury Defense, Civil Litigation Defense, Business Litigation, Rising Star, 2011-2013
- West Group Outstanding Scholastic Achievement Award, 1998-1999, 2000-2001
- “An Overview of Commercial Trucking Defense Litigation,” 2007