Mary Robinson Hervig
Mary Robinson Hervig is an attorney at Roberts & Stevens primarily working with the Trusts & Estates practice group. A graduate of Harvard University and the University of Virginia School of Law, Mary returned to her hometown, Asheville, to join the firm in September 2011.
Mary is a North Carolina State Bar Board Certified Specialist in Estate Planning and Probate Law. She helps clients with their advance medical directives (or “living wills”), powers of attorney, wills, and trusts, including tax planning as necessary, and she assists personal representatives and trustees with the administration of estates and trusts in North Carolina. Mary also works with the business law team, especially when counseling family-owned businesses that may need expertise in both fields.
Mary volunteers through Pisgah Legal’s Mountain Area Volunteer Lawyer Program and the North Carolina Bar Association Young Lawyers Division.
In July 2013, she joined the board of directors of Buncombe County’s Council on Aging, a nonprofit dedicated to promoting independence, dignity and wellness for older adults through education, innovative programming, and coordination of resources. With “Project Grace,” a Young Lawyers Division committee, she provided senior citizens and low-income individuals with healthcare powers of attorney and living wills and contributed to the 2012 and 2016 editions of the North Carolina Bar Association’s Senior Citizens Handbook.
- Business law
- Estate administration
- Estate planning
- North Carolina Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, “Project Grace” Committee, 2011–2012 and 2015-2016
- North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys, Education Committee, 2011-2014
- North Carolina State Bar Board Certified Specialist in Estate Planning and Probate Law, 2017
- Virginia Journal of Law & Technology, Editor 2009–2010
Awards and Accolades
- North Carolina Super Lawyers: Rising Stars, 2017-2020