Wyatt S. Stevens
Wyatt Stevens is a partner of Roberts & Stevens with more than 25 years of experience in complex personal injury litigation and commercial litigation. An Asheville native, Wyatt represents a diverse clientele, including companies and individuals in the outdoor and recreational sectors, professional services, manufacturing, development and tourism industries. Wyatt represents clients in state and federal courts throughout Western North Carolina and handles complex jury trials, zoning and administrative hearings and appeals.
Wyatt is AV Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell. He has been recognized in Business North Carolina magazine’s Legal Elite and Power List for Law, and his peers have also honored him as a North Carolina Super Lawyer. Wyatt is a member of the Buncombe County Bar and the North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys. As a member of the Association of Ski Defense Attorneys, Wyatt regularly defends and advises the state’s ski resorts in personal injury cases.
- Representation of individuals, businesses and organizations in complex personal injury and wrongful death litigation
- Outdoor recreation litigation
- Commercial litigation
- Estate litigation
- Land Use & Zoning
- Estate litigation
- Intellectual property litigation
- Real property litigation
- Association of Ski Defense Attorneys
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- North Carolina Journal of International Law and Commercial Regulation, 1993-1994
- North Carolina Bar Association, Section: Litigation
Awards and Accolades
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2019 and 2021 Asheville Litigation–Trusts and Estates Lawyer of the Year and 2020 and 2022 Asheville Personal Injury Litigation–Defendants Lawyer of the Year; Commercial Litigation, 2012-present; Litigation-Trusts & Estates, 2013-present; Personal Injury Litigation-Defendants, 2013-present
- Buncombe County Bar: 2020 Professionalism Award
- Business North Carolina magazine’s Legal Elite: Litigation, 2007-2009, 2012-2013, 2017-present; Power List for Law, 2021-present
- North Carolina Super Lawyers: Personal Injury, Business and Civil Litigation, 2009-present
- Obtained a plaintiff’s verdict in federal court in favor of The Biltmore Company against Nu U, Inc. for trademark infringement, willful infringement and cybersquatting. The Biltmore Company vs. Nu U, Inc., 15 CV 288 (May, 2017).
- Secured over $2.1M in settlement funds for a non-profit affordable housing agency in a construction defect case arising out of a tax credit funded project in downtown Asheville. (2016).
- Obtained a defense verdict in favor of a North Carolina State Trooper in a wrongful death/closed head injury case in Guilford County, North Carolina (2014), which was upheld on appeal (2016).
- Serving as local counsel with the Jones Day Law Firm, obtained a defense verdict in a products liability case in federal court in the Western District of North Carolina in Kimberly S. Sisk v. Abbott Laboratories, No. 1:11-cv-00159-MR-DLH (W.D.N.C., 2014)
- Obtained and successfully defended summary judgment for the defendant in a ski accident case in Haltiwanger vs. Cataloochee, 723 S.E.2d 173; 2012 N.C. App. LEXIS 408 (2012).
- Obtained a plaintiff’s verdict in favor of a major corporate client in Haywood County, North Carolina in 2010. Successfully defended a corporate client in a patent infringement action in the Eastern District of Texas in 2010 involving an alleged internet-related patent.
- Obtained a defense verdict in a complex motorcycle personal injury case in Polk County, North Carolina in 2008.
- Obtained a defense verdict in favor of the North Carolina Highway Patrol in a double fatality motor vehicle accident tort claim case in the Industrial Commission, which was upheld by the North Carolina Court of Appeals in Holloway v. Dept. of Crime Control and Public Safety, 197 N.C. App. 165 (2008).